Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Step 1

Differentation is a way to make sure all students reach their greatest potential at their own pace. The first step to differentiation is assessments informal and formal. Find out where your students are and what helps them learn information. During the school year the first thing I did was find out where my students were currently. After that I observed my students to find out what helped them grasp what I was trying to teach them. Some of my students could learn by rote memory, singing songs, and movement. After figuring out where your students are write down where you want them to be. Create an assessment or ending project that will show the mastered that information. For my kindergarten students I wanted them to be able to identify capital and lowercase letters, letter sounds, and words that begin with a particular letter. The first thing I did was to assess what they knew currently. Than I wrote plans for my students. On the plans I put where I wanted them to be by the end of the week. Each week we would work on a different letter and I wanted my students to master different things about the letter. I than created an assessment that could be used for all letters to help students show me they mastered that particular letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment